Friday, July 9, 2010

Shop Update


As some of you may know, I've been on a hiatus from my Etsy shop, thehangingflower photography for some time now.
I have some new things to show & want to start again soon.
I am also likely closing or going on a vacation from my Etsy vintage shop.
I love vintage & fashion, but I realized that I don't have the time, energy, or experience to make the shop as great as it should be. I'll continue searching and collecting things, & plan to start again later.
Selling vintage is a great way for me to earn extra money while going to school, but my real love is arts & crafts, so I'd like to put my efforts back into my old shop.

What do you think of me combining my photo greeting cards & small prints with cute craft sets & maybe even vintage craft/sewing supplies, and later on other creations as I see fit.... ?

I think it will all be cohesive & clean looking, but I'm not sure if people who liked my shop as it was last year will like this shift, or would prefer a different shop all together (I don't really have time to do all that right now)

...Things to think about!

1 comment:

  1. I used to have a vintage store on Etsy 4 years ago (the site was not as efficient as now!) and it was reallllly fun. Visibility was not so much a problem as now and there wasn't as much competition. I couldn't continue because I knew I wasn't into it as much as my competitors, and you have to be a total fashionista and focused to really make it a successful store it seems. I agree with you, if you don't feel so attached to it, it is harder to continue. But with that being said, you should try to create what you are talking about, which has your art and vintage, which is a lot more interesting and unique than only a vintage shop. I've seen them on Etsy and they are really an interesting reflection of the store owner! You should go for it! (Sorry for long post!)

    ReplyDelete